Thursday, September 08, 2005

Instant Messaging

In the previous blog post I noted that I was a dinosaur. Well no more! I've joined the IM crowd. I've signed up using my usual email address into Windows Messaging. You can now instant message me at amy@harborcomputerservices.net. If you haven't used the Windows Messaging IM client before you'll find it down by the time on your computer. It looks like a claymation figure and will walk you through creating your IM connection.

As a side bonus, remote computer assistance sessions can be launched from within Windows Messenger. Theoretically this means that you can IM me with a problem. I can offer assistance from with Windows Messenger to you, you accept and now I can see your computers' desktop and take care of the issue.

The only snag in this whole thing it that you can only IM me if I'm sitting at my computer or my laptop. Fortunately the IM client will let you know if I'm there or not before you try to message me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home