Friday, January 28, 2005

New Server

Harbor Computer Services is installing a new server this weekend. The purpose of this server will be to run an web-based HelpDesk where all clients can enter in help requests. This will hopefully help us keep track of what needs to be done where. With all the new clients it's just gotten way too big to keep in my head. This means it's time to automate.

I'm pretty excited about this new server. I actually went out and purchased a motherboard, Pentium processor and a Gig of ram for it. I'm going to build up this monster from bits and parts not order it off the web already built. This will be the first time in many years that I built a machine from scratch and I'm looking forward to it. It brings back the days when building computers was just a hobby. If the temp is still below zero tomorrow that'll help keep me from wanting to go outside and focus on the project at hand.

With any luck I'll be writing you next week to ask you to help us test the new system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home